all about me!!

Nothing like publishing all your private thoughts and feelings and day to day activities to the public right?? right...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Holy crap I've been fired!!! (me and 849 others)

Well.... yeah....

I made this cute and fun post last Friday night, and hit "publish post" just as my lovable husband accidently unplugged me.... So no post made it, and I was to frustrated to re-do it so I didn't.... I thought... Oh just another boring week and I will post during the week...

So much for a boring week.... Started out normal enough, then things just felt a little funny on Tuesday... I was walking in my building and I just had a weird feeling. Then I started taking phone calls, and of course the first one, was this guy yelling at me about how our most recent online banking update sucks... Well yes I know it hasn't been it's best but of course I can't say that... So after the call I was thinking, "gosh I really have to get off these phones, I just hate having people yell at me all the time", so I went to wamu.com to check if there we're any administrative type job openings and just happen to notice that there we're no call center jobs listed, and I thought "huh, weird we are always hiring in the call center". So I didn't see any admin. Jobs available, and sighed and took the next call.
Well at lunch Nicole and I we're discussing our days and I mentioned to her what I saw, or didn't see in the job listings and she sit, "what does that mean?". I got a little grin, and said "who knows".
Then after lunch at 10:30 we get an email asking telling us we we're having a team "huddle" at 10:55. Huddles are usually just the team members usually 10 of us, sit around our managers desk and we do quick little updates etc. So about 5 minutes before our "huddle" I noticed no phone calls we're coming in, and so did everyone else, then we got ushered to the huddle and our manager dialed out for a "conference call". We all just looked at eachother and it got really quiet... We all new.... After our phone didn't work we got ushered to another teams huddle to hear the big announcement that Washington Mutual is closing our entire call center, as well as Jacksonville Florida... Leaving only the call center in Albion NY, San Antonio TX, and MANILLA.

yeah...... SUPER!!!
We officially close down on July 31st so at least we got notice right.... Sigh....
So they left the phones off for 2 hrs so we could all "take in the information". Was so funny seeing 850 people (some crying) all walking around outside on our cell phones calling our families..... Such a creepy environment really... Then we got ushered into meetings to explain to us about "severance"... Really fun!! (insert rolled eyes here).
So the rest of the week was just so funny, people we're so "whatever" it was funny... We took tons of calls about people wanting to leave wamu if they can't employ united states citizens. We even had one guy wanting to answer the phones "Manilla Mutual, how can I help you"... Was really funny!!!!!!
So I am going to look at this as a blessing, and really focus on my Cookie Lee, then I wont have to worry about lay offs and corporate *&*((^&!!!!!!
alright, Steve and I are off to the walmart for weekly cleaning supplies!!!
big hugs everyone and I'll update really soon!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home