all about me!!

Nothing like publishing all your private thoughts and feelings and day to day activities to the public right?? right...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ultimate hen party!!!

Ok, so now I guess I have to surrender and realize that I am in fact an adult and am going to my own functions w/o my mom....
This is year two of a non-work related Holiday function w/o parents!!! My cousin Adam has this most amazing wife Catherine who is so super creative and fun, that last year she came up w/ this idea of a family gathering/cookie exchange!! But the catch is that it's for us cousin's!! So mom, and my aunts are not invited (that sound worse and kinda more rude than it is!!)
It's for us cousins that are now adults and on our own!! (but still the kids-got me?)
So basically we make 6 dozen cookies (please don't laugh I try really hard) that have to be Christmas themed, or looking, not store bought actually made... and there is usually 6 of us there so we each get to bring home a dozen of 6 different kind of Christmas cookies!! So it's really fun!!!
Well Catherine is so great she has games, cocktails, beautiful tree and her fun fun kitties roam around (hugs to kitties Daniel, and Greta) and a fire! It's just so warm cozy and fun!! It just cracks me up though about my sisters and myself, we are so comfortable w/ eachother that you put us in any situation and we can talk, laugh, share stories, and just have a good time no matter where we go, it's great! However we can become so chatty and giggly that we don't realize that this party was scheduled to go from 2-4 that we didn't leave until 6pm... oops!!! I can say kudos to Catherine, Jo, Catherines friend, my sisters and I though!! How great is it to have family not just family but friends too, that you enjoy just hanging out and gabbing w/ that you run 2 hrs later than planned!!! I just love my family it was so fun and great and I can't wait until next year!! (that is of course if we didn't make to big of chatty kathy's of ourselves) LOL. Getting to know my cousin's on a personal level, not just a couple times of year gathering means so much that we/they are turning out to be such great "adults" that I actually am so excited to see them whenever I can just makes me realize I am a lucky girl!!!
We did decide that maybe in the future we should bring the husbands so that Adam doesn't have to sit downstairs alone while us women have the "ultimate hen party".....
Other than that.... There is a new tiny little baby in our midst... Shane and Tara welcomed 5lb 13oz little Camryn into the world, and I am not kidding when I say how beautiful she is... She's amazing!!! I can't wait for her to come home!! So congrats Shane and Tara you brought a beautiful new addition into the world!!!
AND ONTO EBAY!!!
I did it!!! I bid on my very first eBay auction and I won it!! Can't say what it is because it's a Christmas present, but I should get it any day now to complete the process!!! will give a full report when I receive it!!!
sorry for the ramble and loves to all!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home